Friday, May 1, 2015

The Dining Room Buffet Nook

Last weekend at the lake we actually got a little work done. I finally chose a stain color for the nook in the dining room where the china cabinet will stand. Black... Benjamin Moore Arborcoat stain in semi-transparent. I love it. It was a little lighter than I wanted but I really like the way it looks. Some of the cabinets shelving has black beadboard backing. I thought this color might compliment that quite nicely.

I think I am avoiding the rock jobs and finding other easier ones to do. But the weather is starting to warm enough to begin installing rock again. Exterior and interior walls & fireplace.....4 scaffolds high. What can I say? I love rocks.

"Avoidance may seem like an easy way out of a dilemma at the time, but know that the issue will present itself again and again, until it is faced, dealt with and learnt from."


Painting above your head is never fun
Will anyone actually stand in here and even see the ceiling once the cabinet is in there??? No ... whaaat 
Ready for the satin finish varathane
Complete and ready for the trim boards to be nailed on 
Perry and I on the lake....lots of ice to melt before I can get out kayaking
Master bedroom bathroom coming along, the cedar smells amazing
West wall complete and waiting for trim around the shelves

Relax... Respect...Enjoy...Dorri


No comments:

Post a Comment