Saturday, March 7, 2015

Projects Completed

Since we arrived home from Palm Springs I have been busy finishing and starting a couple projects. Nope, no house projects, although Perry has been doing some installation of the cedar master bedroom closet walls. Least someone is working. I finished Isla's baby quilt just in time for her departure from Canada back to sunny warm Australia. Goodbye our sweet baby granddaughter, I think she loved it lol. See you next Christmas don't grow up too much. I made her a cute little sun bonnet and have plans for a couple more soon. They grow fast and fall is fast approaching them in NSW. I quickly designed and planned a new baby quilt for Perry's good friends' first grandson Silviu Junior. Actually he is Silviu the 4th, the name is being passed down from grandpa to dad to son to grandson. Nice family tradition. 

Megan picked the dino fabric out at a quilting store up in the mountains when I was in Australia. Lots left to make something else cute for her
And it fit great. How much do babies head grow in the first year.... Isn't she sweet
I picked a Noah's Ark theme for baby Silviu Jr's quilt , with bright vibrant colors
Free motion quilted, here is a view of the back flannel and quilt tag
I had my Pfaff machine serviced twice since I moved back to Saskatchewan and it is running like a dream now 
Part of baby Isla's quilt label
Baby Isla's quilt. I found this great kangaroo fabric online on Ebay and purchased the matching fabrics in Australia, the quilt grew on me and I guess it actually became a toddler quilt in size. When you use a printed fabric with such a cute theme you don't want to cut the blocks too small!!! 
Closer up  view of the baby giraffe embroidery, my machine wasn't performing well while I was doing this project and it was a struggle to finish. I could have likely shaved off 25 hours of embroidery time if I had taken it  in sooner to be adjusted lol. I had it fixed while we were in Palm Springs so it was like Christmas to return and try it out and now I just wanna sew and sew and sew.....


Relax... Respect... Enjoy...doing what you love today... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment