Monday, January 19, 2015

What I am Reading

Where the River Ends - Charles Martin

A powerfully emotional and beautifully written story of heartbreaking loss and undying love.
This was my first book to read by Charles Martin. After reading the reviews I really wanted to read it. I have had it on my iPad for awhile and then decided to read it on a flight down to California. It enthralled me although call me crazy at the beginning of the book I honestly thought Doss was a girl. I had to keep rereading to figure out where I went wrong in believing that. And call me sexist while your at it as I usually enjoy books wrote from a women's perspective but I loved the way Mr Martin wrote. It was as compulsive as Picoult. The beginning of the story may be a bit slow/dry for some. This book signifies the true commitment of love and really makes you think about what you would do for the one you love regardless of how others may react. This story reminded me somewhat of A Walk to Remember as well as the Bucket List as Doss does everything in his power to follow through Abbie's dreams and wishes before her time comes. The ending wasn't your fairytale happy ever after but it was still an inspiration to read. Really made me think and take some time to appreciate what we have. 

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment