Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lakehouse Update

My Week of Odds and End Finishing Jobs
I spent a great week getting lots of little jobs complete. All those small items that seem to just drag on. You live with it so long you forget about that partially painted wall! I made long lists and cheered every time I crossed a job off.
Finished staining the top south wall of the workshop, Sico - Driftwood Grey. 
Stained & varnished the Mechanical Room door and painted the top panel magnetic and chalkboard. Good place for lists in the workshop I thought. I also painted a chalkboard on the top panel of the pocket door between the kitchen and the pantry. Grocery lists and notes spot maybe?
Ok so maybe I never finished all the odd jobs haha I did start the hall linen closet. Oiling the walls with Danish Oil. 
Painted the east side of the hallway Benjamin Moore - Olive Branch.
Crawlspace Access... I Danish Oiled the pine tongue & groove and painted the walls Benjamin Moore - Flagstone. Per installed the light fixture over the door.
 I painted the front hall closet Flagstone and I measured it for a closet organizer. Soon there maybe a place to hang our "hats"!! 
There has been an unpainted area over the stairs here for months. We are installing mirrors there for the exercise area eventually but at least we don't have to look at the unpainted hole anymore. I am working on a dolphin design for the opening to the master bathroom you see here.
The pine doors in the garage for the bathroom and the 2nd Mechanical Room. I stained them Dark Walnut, pine tends to the yellow side of the spectrum but I like them. They will look great with the pine on the walls. I varnished and we re-hung them. Not a fun task with solid wood doors but we persevered!!!
Stained the sides of one of the glass shelves and hung up a sign!
The last door complete. Yay!!! This is the Guest Room closet bi-fold door. It was a long haul but the doors are now finished. It won't be installed until the flooring goes in.

My list is marginally smaller and it feels pretty darn good. Next up on the agenda will be rock walls on the main floor. All this terrible spring weather we have been experiencing has kept us on track doing inside jobs so maybe that has been good thing! Not really!

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri


No comments:

Post a Comment