Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I am Reading

The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult

This book had me thinking on so many different levels that it's hard to sum up my thoughts. Not all Jews were victims and not all Germans were murderers. The book compelled me to research and read more about that horrific time. A quote from the book "I do believe in people. In their strength to help eachother, and to thrive in spite of the odds." I wondered many times if I would ever have been able to survive those terrible years. Forgiveness is a big theme in this novel. If the people that did those horrible things during the Holocaust later turned their lives around and tried to do good, did they deserve to be forgiven, or should they have been condemned for the rest of the their lives? 
Just an extraordinary book, words are inadequate.

Respect...Relax... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment