Friday, April 25, 2014

Lakehouse Update

Along with the door installations & bathroom tiling I have tiled the little art niches on the rock wall in our bedroom. My first thought for these openings was a mosaic with scrap glass in browns and off-whites. Bu while was in tile department in Home Depot I found these great copper mosaic tiles. A lightbulb came on in my head and I knew the perfect place for them. I love copper. Our kitchen and laundry sinks are custom copper works of art that I cannot wait to see installed. 
They were very easy to cut and install. Sticky back. Can be trimmed with scissors and if you need to cut along the tiles a mitre saw works well. Grout is optional but I believe it will look more finished with a nice dark grout.
My side excuse the junk sitting around.
I totally see an abundance of uses for this product.... pretty reasonable price too.
My side.
I also put it in the art niche and toilet paper roll niche in the MB Bath toilet closet.  Perry still has to frame the niche and I will grout the tile also. 
Temporary construction sink that I DO NOT recommend from Home Depot. The top is "Stone Effects" so it is some sort of manufactured top that looks like stone and it came cracked. The sink is very small but for a temporary sink/vanity it will have to do.

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment