Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pinterest Inspirations - Recipe Audition #3

Baked Spaghetti with Mushrooms
Adapted from www.foodgio.com

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves 8 - 10

3/4 lb spaghetti (I used the small package whole wheat 1lb maybe?)
1/4 lb ground beef ( I used 1 lb cos I didn't read the recipe very well)
1 small  onion chopped (I used 1 med red onion chopped)
2 garlic cloves minced
8 oz button mushrooms finely chopped
9 oz Cremini mushrooms finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
13 oz marinara sauce (I used 1 jar 650 ml tomato 4 cheese sauce)
1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes (didn't use but I did add Italian seasonings)
2 cups of spinach (I added this cos I could)
1 1/4 cups cottage cheese 2%
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Cook spaghetti like always
  • Brown meat, drain and remove from pan
  • Add onion, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil cook until tender
  • Add sauce, spice, beef and simmer for 10 minutes
  • Place half the pasta in a greased 13 x 9 pan, cover with half the sauce and the cottage cheese then half the mozzarella
  • Repeat the layer 
  • Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered. (I likely cooked for 40 minutes and baked an additional 20 because I like the cheese to get nice and browned)
  • Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes
Very much like lasagna.... very easy and very very tasty!


Preparing the sauce
I also added a layer of spinach cos I could and we love spinach
Repeat the first layer after the spinach layer
Last layer of sauce and then add the mozzarella cheese to seal it all together
Done to perfection
Makes a lot for just the two of us. Good recipe to freeze a meal or two.

Relax... Respect... Enjoy....another Pinterest recipe that gets an A+... Dorri


No comments:

Post a Comment