Monday, December 9, 2013

The December Photo Challenge

December 9/2013
#9 - What I'm Reading
I am listening to this audio book. It was 24 hours long so I purchased it for my drive home from Fort St John. Audio books really make long drives fly by. Especially in the dark at night. 
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Hour I First Believed and I Know This Much Is True, a disquieting and ultimately uplifting novel about a marriage, a family, and human resilience in the face of tragedy

And on my Ipad I am reading 12 Years a Slave by Wally Northup.
12 Years a Slave is based on the true story of a free black man named Solomon Northup, a professional violinist from Saratoga, NY. Northup is approached by men purporting to represent a circus who offer him the opportunity to earn money playing for their performance in Washington D.C. While there, they conspire to inebriate him to the point of unconsciousness, whereupon Northup is kidnapped and placed in chains. Northup pleads that he is a free man from Saratoga, but his pleas are met by savage beatings from his captors.
The story has inspired the major motion picture. Twelve Years a Slave is a harrowing, vividly detailed, and utterly unforgettable account of slavery.

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... "There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."— Jacqueline Kennedy... Dorri



No comments:

Post a Comment