Sunday, December 8, 2013

The December Photo Challenge

December 8/2013
#8 - Decorations

This photo challenge was no challenge today! My favourite Christmas decoration of all time. It's a translucent teal vintage plastic "ball" with a tiny little Christmas tree & present inside. It resided on my family's tree for as long as I can remember. When I began having my own Christmas tree my mom gave it to me along with some other nostalgic balls. I was always the one who decorated our family tree. My dad would put the lights on for me and then I would put the decorations on. This "ball" always fascinated me from day one. I cherish it and lovingly place it in a spot of honour year after year. I imagine it must be about 40 odd years old. I have never see another like it but I have given some thought to making a replica out of glass. Eventually I would like to have two to pass them on to Brandon and Ashley.

Relax... Respect... Enjoy....decorating your Christmas Tree... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment