Sunday, October 13, 2013

Workshop Update

Perry and I did a big push on getting my workshop up and running last week. Chaos and disorganization has reigned in there as we used it as a catchall for all the tools and garage items that have no home yet. He added shelving and drawers to my work tables and they look awesome. Great job my love. Painted gray with distressing and glaze finished them off nicely. I have so much space to store glass stuff now it is amazing what a few shelves and drawers can do for ya. Perry also put shelving up high on the walls for driftwood storage and other goodies. Easy to get but out of the way. I still have a ways to go but I am so much closer now to a great workspace. BTW.... the lighting is amazing, Per hung two of the T5 lights and wow.... what can I say and I have 8 more to have hung in there. Should be able to see thru skin the light is so fantastic. Colors are true to the spectrum too! It is definitely a work in progress still but it is coming along and in a pinch I so could make something in here that would make someone very happy. More cosmetic touches and some more benches adapted out of dressers to come. A fair amount of the tools will move over to Perry's side of the garage eventually too once we have storage on that side. Free up more spots for glass. I know it is still messy but use your imagination.... What can I say I just love this room in all stages of completion... it is a happy place!
Awesome drawers under main shop table. This table has seen many fun projects.
Workshop south side. I painted the peg board aqua.... I just love it with the gray stained walls. I still have this tiny bit of wall to stain only..... something will be finished very soon.
Workshop west side cutting, grinder and sink tables with a nice view of the lake. 
I am so loving this sink.
Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri

1 comment:

  1. What a great workshop Dorri!!! Which brand of lights are these and where did you get them? I'm looking for new daylight florescents for the studio, about 5500 Kelvin and a CRI of 90 or higher.

    ReplyDelete