Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Favourite Drink Tuesday


Travel Gnome Tipsy Martini

Recipe:
                 1 1/2 oz. Hpnotiq
                 1 oz. Triple Sec or Cointreau
                 1/2 oz. Vodka
                 Splash of grenadine (you can just use the juice from your maraschino cherries if so desired)
                 Cherry to garnish if you wanna be fancy foo foo and the sword is fun too for saying "on guard" to your table mates

Shake everything but the grenadine together over ice, and pour it into a 6 oz martini glass.  Now, slowly add the grenadine along the very edge of the glass.  Because it's heavier, if you pour it really slowly, it will sink to the bottom instead of mixing in and form a lower layer… making a gnome-hat effect in the bottom of your martini glass! Like the Travel Velocity Gnomes from The Amazing Race.

Funny Story: One morning  some years ago, when I had  teenagers, I awoke to a beautiful summer day. Perfect for gardening. As I was digging in the dirt I looked up towards the fence and there to my amazement was a creepy little gnome staring back at me. A little startled and very curious as to how he arrived there. As I continued gardening I found another one. Now if you know me you will know I don't care for these creatures at all. Turns out Ashley and friends on a walk home picked them up from a Gnome filled yard to free them from their confines and show them the world. Needless to say the Gnomes were returned after a brief vacation in our yard. Here's to a Gnome free yard...only little woodland animals and birds please.

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment