Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Favourite Drink Tuesday

Sangria
I imagine this to be the first cocktail I'll make for us when we arrive in Florida. Prep time will mean "only" wine the first night but I do see us sipping it for the sunset on Thursday.... jealous much.

Ingredients
750 ml bottle red wine (Cabernet or Savignon)
2 Granny Smith apples
2 oranges (how handy to be so close to orange tree central)

2 lemons
1 vanilla bean
20g sugar to taste
45 ml Brandy
1 can lime soda


Method
  • Dice apples to bite size
  • Cut lemons & oranges into about 5 slices, squeeze out juice
  • Cut open vanilla bean, scrape out bean flesh, reserve flesh for later
  • Add sugar to large bowl, mix with the wine and Brandy. Add the vanilla bean
  • Stir well


  • Add the lemons, orange juice and slices of citrus to the sugar mixture.
  • Orange zest may be added for additional flavour.
  • Cover and chill 4 - 6 hours or ideally overnight!
  • Garnish with an orange slice.


I know I am going to be enjoying a wide variety of these drinks on the beach watching the sunset with my loved ones very very soon!

Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri




No comments:

Post a Comment