Monday, December 17, 2012

Lakehouse Update

Perry and I spent last week working on our nice warm home. I feel like we really got alot accomplished. Something about working in a heated building motivates us. We are almost finished the ceiling in the guest room where we are living for now. I insulated the ceiling from the sounds of the master bathroom above with Roxul Fire and Soundproof insulation. The 1 x 6s were pre-stained  and varathaned before we brad nailed them up there. It is a very rustic look but we love it. And because we were excited and anxious Perry installed the ceiling fan minus the light kit. Apparently the light kit is a little glitchy and we haven't figured it out yet. But we have 5 just like this so I sure hope we can or maybe our electricians can install the light. I ran out of insulation to finish the ceiling. Duh Dorri. I anticipate buying a bundle and getting this ceiling complete on this Saturday.

I pickled and glazed the tongue and groove boards for the remaining wall in the bedroom. Lucky for me it matched the glazing I did up a couple months ago. Whew! I think the two drywalled walls should be painted an icy aquamarine. I want the theme of this room to be "At the Beach" and I hope our guests feel a warm and welcoming vibe in it. I am looking forward to adding the sea shells I find on Sanibel Island this winter to a big basket on the dresser. I am sure there will be driftwood in there too cos I just love it. Maybe a star fish and fishing float too.

Check this out. We are cooler-less now. Yay. This is the Sub Zero mini fridge and 26 bottle wine cooler that are slated for Perry's bar up in the bonus room. They are ready for our cabinet overlays so they look kinda funny. Just gonna keep our fridgeables in it while we are camping out. Ok yes I know the wine cooler is not plugged in, I can see the plug too.... well there is only 4 bottles in there so I thought .... save power. No worries Angela.... we will fill it before you and Gary arrive. Good excuse to try a new kind of wine.
Relax... Respect... Enjoy... Dorri





No comments:

Post a Comment