Friday, November 16, 2012

Realizations

My son Brandon and Megan; my new daughter-in-law of less than a year; are moving to Australia in 45 days.

I just added a counter to my blog and the realization actually hit me. My baby boy is going more than half way around the world to attend medical school in Wollongong, New South Wales. Like a very heavy weight has been dropped upon my heart. My breath catches and I realize all of a sudden how very far away they will be so very soon. So many changes will happen in their absence. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for them and I look forward to planning a vacation to Australia to visit them soon. It is just the idea of the distance that is so very hard to accept and knowing that.  On a positive note, and there are many of those, they will experience so many new & hopefully wonderful things. I wonder if their Canadian accents will be replaced with touch of Ozziness. Kangaroos will become as commonplace to them as deer and moose are to us.

Brandon is a caring, sharing, wonderful man who found a beautiful, loving wife in Megan. I believe we have raised him to follow his dreams, aim high, see the world and explore options. Now that it's happening I am hit with a mix of emotions! Follow your dreams my loves.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change, ,kiss slowly, forgive quickly, play hard, take chances, give everything and have no regrets, life is too short to be anything but happy.

Respect... Relax... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment