Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Favourite Drink Tuesday

I know that I should be sharing recipes more geared for the winter weather we are now enjoying but I am not. I am sharing ones that make me happy spring, summer, winter and fall.....Live on the edge!


When it comes to beverages, I am a huge fan of bubbles; sparkling water & champagne. I love wine but here is something about a glass of champagne that elevates an occasion. Maybe I just really like my crystal champagne glasses! My daughter Ashley went thru a period where all her beverages had to be drank from wine glasses, maybe she was on to something?

Champagne & Strawberry Slushies
16 oz fresh strawberries hulled
750 ml champagne (pink or white)
2 tbsp liquid honey

Divide the bottle in half, pour half in the blender store remaining champagne in the fridge. Add strawberries and honey and blend until smooth. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Remove from trays and place in blender. Add the remaining champagne and blend until thick and slushie. Pour into your good champagne glasses and enjoy with the ones you love. No special occasion required. Enjoy!!

Respect... Relax... Enjoy... Dorri

No comments:

Post a Comment