Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is...

Hansen Lake Road
Back and forth, back and forth.... Per & I are wearing a groove into the highway between the Lakehouse and our 2nd home our condo in Melfort. So I was driving home to the condo on Monday afternoon and along with a zillion things swirling around my head. ..Yes I was still paying attention to my driving... I realized how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world. I spent the last 20 odd years in 5 different spectacular areas of BC. I thought those really were the be all end all places to live. But you know home is where the heart is and my heart belongs here.

We are very lucky as Canadians to live in such a safe and secure country. My heart goes out to the people of Mali in Africa. The atrocities that are being forced upon them as the Islamic militants force the nation to bow down to their small minded ideals removing their basic rights as citizens and humans.  http://www.boston.com/news/world/united-nations/2012/10/12/resolution-seeks-recovery-mali-north/BMVXwpct7K38dMV3LpbdmL/story.html

North Saskatchewan River by Wapiti
Highway #6 between Choiceland & Melfort


 Never take freedom for granted.

Relax ... Respect ... Enjoy ... Dorri


No comments:

Post a Comment